1) Glasgow is Scotland’s biggest city, but with a population of just 600,000 people, you won’t get lost! You can find everything you need here, it has the second biggest shopping area in the UK, (London is number one, of course!).
2) Glasgow and Scotland have a smaller population than London and England, so are less crowded, with more green spaces, more natural beauty, and a slower pace of life.
3) Living in Glasgow and Scotland is much cheaper than living in London – sometimes up to four times cheaper!
4) Live Language in Glasgow has 13 Points of Excellence in our recent British Council report, including for our accommodation and our excellent student care. Our school has multi-national and multi-lingual staff who you can speak to if you need some advice, or have a problem. Our staff are available 24/7.
5) There are 60,000 students in Glasgow, which means it a vibrant, energetic, charismatic, soulful, friendly city which most people fall in love with. 10% of these students are international, which is one reason Glasgow is nicknamed ‘The Friendly City’!
6) Unlike every other city in the UK, Glasgow has a different festival every single month, meaning you will never be bored.
7) Did you know European students can study at Scottish universities for free? We will be posting more about this on our blog soon.
I am sure the students who already study in Glasgow have even more reasons. What do you say?